Salem Jade Regent

2nd Excursion into Brinestump Marsh

Goblin Village, Shipwrecks & Caves

4-16-2013

amiko approaches us we notice she is wearing the hair pin sandru bought
- she asks us if we come accross any more tein culture items to let her know. since they are her people she would like to know more
shaelu congratulates us on our dispatching the goblins.

we decide to go back into the marsh, 1st to the goblin village and then onto the closest shipwrek.

after reaching the goblin village and moving on toward the shipwreck a creature emerges from teh river and attacks us (possible the soggy rive monsetr)
initatives – attacking
upon defeating it – we notice it start to dissolve into a liquid

after a few more hours of travel we reach the shipwrek, we hear see and smell the sea. catch a glimse of the shipwrrek, looks like was driven into swap by a stormsearge – has been burnt out – approx. 60ft long – burning seem odd since we are in a swap.
- go through what remains of ship, nothing really there – kaleb notices something interesting; the ships nameplate in tien and in common the “Kaijitsu Star” (last name of amiko – given to Amiko) take nameplate with us.
- searching futher out, find some charred bones(goblin bones) scattered around.
- unable to determine how old the wreck is.

approching 2nd shipwrek not burnt out like the 1st. on its side – more intact than 1st.
boots squish in the mud as we approach – take a look aeround the ship
- volo sees = a few things all at once – another name plate “Kaijitsu Blossom” take nameplate with us (given to Amiko); several moldy piles of bones in the muck under the nameplate; as you peer at the writing the skeletons begin to rise out of the ground. draw rusty swords (unknown type)
initatives – battle
search remainder of ship, seems to have been mostly cleaned out. does not appear to have been carrying any arms (ballistae, etc).
- make camp for the night

Head toward path on map, come to a clearing with a saggy shack and shed surrounded by pouches feathers etc hung from trees. perception check
- don’t notie anyone or hear anything (possibly the witch we have heard about) – approach door of schack cautiosly – looks like the door has been swollen shut cast detect magic – sense some faint magic inside the hut. knock & no answer – deside to break door down but paladin casts detect evil – feel some kind of evil nearby not very specific.
door kicked open. dark inside hut. sheets of fungus grow on walls all sorts of gords sinew from cieling etc. hear some skittering in the walls (rats?) three doors inside left, right, center – all shut
- center door, broken table stove etc. two doors (left, right) feel like the magic is somewhere in hear. search room – while searching 3 rats come from outside door in 1st entry way. fighting ensues. small creature falls from cieling in 2nd room onto kaleb bites him for damage. rats taken care of. turn to take care of small creature. very fast! cast magic missle creature casts spell (seems to be cause fear on kaleb) tesara crit hits – should be dead but it’s still moving – cast magic missle – it burrows a hole into the wall of shack will be able to move inside the wall. go through door on left into bedroom – wet soggy bed and pile of ruins books in corner, cast detect magic again – creature casts cure light wounds on himself – still in rounds – attempt to kick open door on right; concentrating on my spell = magic seems to be coming from the stove. I walk up to stove cast burning hands 5pts dmg open stove = notice there is a cache
- Loot: (mstrwk dagger & steel scabbard(tamika takes); 2 slightly singed scrolls {false life caster lvl 7}; 33gp)

- after trying open other door. clearly an alchemical laboratory at one time, a human skeleton still lies among ruins – weird stains and crystals grow in room. can tell from titles they are naturalist tomes on creatures transformation (caterpillars to butterflies, etc.)
kaleb checked out shed – nothing of note, mostly rat droppings.

no further incident on way out of swamp. a few more hours brings us to entrance of cavern. 50ft cliff marks edge of marsh, able to decend upon ‘goat path’. at base of cliff a curtain of thick nettle vines conceals cave. Volo casts light on his helmet, going to explore cavern somewhat; see footprints like those at goblin village (skeletons, also looks like they were dragging something).
Kaleb attempts to enter gets stung by nettles becomes sickened we get rid of vines move down fork to the right – opens into cavern with giant wolf spider – fighting ensues.

cast acid splash total miss :-(
cast burning hands singe it but is still standing
cast magic missle
- look around spiders nest nothing found of interest

- make camp in cavern = during Tesara’s watch a large troupe of skeletons come in led by one with chainmail armor on shouts at us “blah blah blah our treasure is for the Kaijitsu alone, I am Tsumatsu face me if you dare blah blah blah”
He advances on Volo and slashes him – other skeletons come toward the rest of us, fighting ensues. defeated!
- Loot: Magical sword Wakizashi (human sized short sword +1 med sized = 1d6 crit 18-20×2 PS dmg); Tien style masterwork chain armor (samurai style)(tesara wears); necklace with bronze key

Perception check on sword – hidden compartment in pummel = mithril scroll tube(volo wants it) 100gp(sell 50gp); scroll inside not magical (letter written in tien characters – given to Amiko) paper has watermark for Brinewall a lost colony somewhere near here;

The cave extends back anoter 200ft, cavern room with 5ft deep pool of dark water with crystals protruding (no value)
Volo casts light on rock and throws it into the pool, it does not sink to bottom and begins to rise toward us out of pool comes an ooze like creature (Giant Ameba) no bigger than a halfling defeated.
- Loot: collected 3 rock crystals possibly sell for 10gp (sold 30gp)

2nd cavern full of skeleton footprints – a few more skeletons wearing Tien armor, through that room and further back come to anothe cavern, open room more skeletal tracks, fairly bare but for a large jade/cherry wood chest(250gp)!!! I shout “the key, the key!!” cast detect magic – abjjuration, divination, transmutation – large cherry wood panels made to hold objects
- Loot: 4 skyrockets(sold all 6 we have for 150gp); magic ring(transmutation-ring of climbing +5 on checks-kaleb takes); magic wand(divination-10 charges identify magic item); mstrk chain shirt(volo takes it); mstrk cold iron wakizashi(sold for 165gp); several potions (5=cure light wounds; 2=cure moderate wounds; 3=lesser restoration); coins total 1560gp;

Head back to Sandpoint to the Rusty Dragon tavern; owned by Amiko (sense there is a back story to the purchase of the tavern) as we walk in all the patrons turn and gape at us. Amiko looks up and says “whoa”, all our other friends are there as well. Drinks on the house!!

We relate our adventures. Ask Amiko about Brinewall: lost colony . . . show her the Tien scroll, she begins to translate into common. passes us a copy. letter is from her grandfather to her father, regarding family secrets. she ask sandru to accompany her to Brinewall to discover her family secrets.

Brinewall is 500 miles north; if everything goes well it may take 2 weeks or more if we encounter troubles. people say Brinewall is haunted; most caravans try to avoid it. Sandru takes a look at it “this is not a forged watermark . . . not that i know anything about such things”
Koya declares she is going with them!
Shaeleu says – “Why don’t you tell how you came to own this tavern?”
Koya attempts to smooth over argument – does a reading with harrowdeck for everyone – Kaleb asks what the cards have for him – Tesara asks what the cards have for her as well – does reading for Tamika as well: winged serpent – picture of a snake with wings (not dragon persay) represents wish fulfillment – Sandru “all right do me!!” the snake bite = bad luck in the future “damn it!!” not necesarily in business – Amiko declines – Shaeleu; the survivor, can also represent loneliness.


Shaeleu asks for a word – She is worried about Amiko & Sandru (asks me to find out whats going on between them) – NO SPELLCASTING – wants to protect Amiko – doesn’t believe the relationship is a safe one.

Newspapers?

Comments

BnyRbt85

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.