Salem Jade Regent
Character Creation Rules
Here is the information for character creation:
- In general, all rules from Paizo Pathfinder products are okay. No 3.5 rules or third-party rules without the DM’s permission.
- 20 point buy for statistics. Consult d20pfsrd if you need more information on how this works.
- All core races are okay but no other races.
- All base classes are okay with the exception of the Summoner. Consult the DM if you want to play a class with unusual or complicated rules, like the Magus.
- Good or neutral alignments only. Neutral Good and Chaotic Good would work especially well with this Adventure Path but any good or neutral alignment is okay.
- Clerics, paladins, and similar classes must choose a patron deity. Other classes may choose one but do not have to. No evil patron deities. There is a good description of the world’s deities here.
- Choose two traits of your choice. If you choose a campaign trait from the Jade Regent Player’s Guide award you character one extra hit point.
- Regardless of class, all characters begin with 150 gold pieces (GP) to spend on equipment.
- In addition to their normal starting languages, humans may get bonus starting languages based on their ethnicity. Varisians speak Varisian. Shoanti speak Shoanti. Tians speak Tien. Chelaxians’ native language is Common, so they do not get an additional bonus language. Other ethnicities, consult with the DM.
Please check with the DM if you have questions about any rules!